Whilst visiting the Swindon Winter Image show this year, (yes I know pics to follow) I was extremely fortunate to find that Walsall Ceramics were selling some quality Japanese pots, that were second hand, I believe ex Bill Jordan. My eyes lit up, would I find anything for my Procumbens? I’d looked everywhere, and it was now down to a commission I supposed.
Not so; there it was, shouting out at me to buy it, so I did, for a fraction of what I had anticipated. I knew longer term I would still be looking, but for now it would comfortably suffice. As it happens I rather like it, and will certainly be in no hurry to change it.
Spent around three hours working the old rootball, and then repotted into a mix of LECA, Akadama, Kyodama, Propagating Bark, and Kiryu, all topped off with some Frit and Trace Elements.
New growth was visible right the way across this one, so today was absolutely idea. I need to spend time working on the tree now. First though I shall ensure it establishes well.
Top dressed with Akadama, and watered in well with 25ml of Rhizotonic to 6 litres of water. It will go into a sheltered area where watering can be controlled for the first few weeks.